Yellow, white, garnished: it satisfies all taste buds. Especially the egg yolk… raw. Indeed, it is in this form that it provides 100% of its nutritional qualities to the body. Except that consuming in this way, the treatment is not guaranteed. So it is eaten boiled, hard, soft, on the dish, scrambled, or in an omelet. Easy and quick to prepare. She is also delicious. It can also be embellished with multiple foods according to desires and tastes. Discover the pleasures and benefits of a good omelet!
Table of Contents
The Omelet To Enjoy The Benefits Of Eggs
Eggs have many properties for the body. If you still need more time to integrate them into your diet, here is proof that they are real health benefits.
What Is The Nutritional Value Of An Egg?
The egg has great nutritional value, although it provides few nutrients at once to the body. That is why it is recommended to eat it regularly. It is rich in vitamins of group B (B1, B3, B12, folic acid, and biotin), A, E, and D.
It is a source of:
- Choline, a member of the s amino acid family good for the nervous system;
- Lutein and zeaxanthin, carotenoids that promote good eye health;
- Minerals like selenium, zinc, phosphorus, and iron.
- This dish allows you to take advantage of the nutrients present in the egg.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Omelets?
In short, its virtues derive directly from the nutrients present in the egg. Thus, thanks to its protein and unsaturated fatty acid content, you are full of energy. You are also protecting your heart. The eggs’ vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids support good cardiovascular health. Therefore, they reduce the risk of heart attacks or cerebral hemorrhages.
Memory and sight are also pampered. Indeed, choline contributes to the proper functioning of the brain system. As for lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants, they help protect eyesight against the harmful influence of UV rays. A diet built solely around the egg is not enough to maintain the good health of the body. Their consumption must be part of a balanced diet.
Omelet Recipe Ideas To Vary The Pleasures
There are many ways to prepare it. Here is a small selection.
The Classic: How To Make An Omelet Every Time?
It is perfectly cooked and lightly browned on the outside and soft on the inside. To make a classic omelet, you will need, for 1 person:
- 2 or 3 eggs.
- This depends on the size of the egg and your protein needs. A person weighing 90 kg does not need the same daily amount of protein as a person weighing around 55 kg. Ditto for an athlete or a sedentary person. Note 1 sedentary person needs about 0.8g of protein per kg body weight. Therefore, a sedentary individual of 55 kg needs at least 44 g of protein per day.
Omelet Recipe With Milk Or Water
- 25 ml of water or milk.
- This will make the omelet fluffier.
- Cooking The Omelet
- A handle of spread or a shower of vegetable oil.
In a bowl, break the eggs and whisk them with the water or milk. Season with salt and pepper. Once you have obtained a homogeneous and slightly frothy texture, place the fat in a frying pan. Over medium heat, when the pan is hot, pour in your preparation. Using a spatula, gently bring the cooked eggs toward the center near the edge of the pan. Leave to cook slowly. When the top is slightly runny, fold it in half. Depending on your taste, let it heat for another 2 minutes; otherwise, remove it from the heat to enjoy a runny omelet.
Simple Omelet Recipes
From the basic recipe described above, you can adapt the omelets according to your desires, tastes, and foods in your cupboards!
Put grated cheese (Emmental, for example) in the abovementioned appliance. Bake as directed.
Ham Omelet Recipe
As for the cheese version, put diced pieces of ham in the device. Cook to your liking.
Clean (without washing) the Paris mushrooms. Cut them into strips. In your hot skillet, sauté minced garlic and parsley. Add the mushrooms. When they are cooked, cover with the appliance and cook.
This is the more gourmet version than the Paris mushroom version. Clean the porcini mushrooms in the same way. Also, sauté the garlic and parsley before adding the porcini mushrooms. Cover it with the device when it is cooked, and cook it according to your taste.
Enjoy with a salad, and it’s a treat!
Japanese Omelet: Tamagoyaki
We stay on the principle of whipped eggs cooking in a frying pan, except that the flavors are quite different. Here’s how to go about making a Japanese version.
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- Beat the eggs with the sugar in a bowl
- Then add the soy sauce and the mirin, whisking well
- In a hot and oiled frying pan, pour the first dose of egg preparation
- When it is almost cooked, roll it up but not completely. Let a little of the omelet stick out. Move this first roll to the opposite side of the pan.
- Add another dose of beaten eggs.
- Add another dose of beaten eggs. When baked, it merged with the remaining end of the first roll. Roll it all together.
- You then get a rolled omelet.
The Egg White Omelet: For High-Protein Diets
This is the lightweight version of the classic. Some include an egg yolk in it. Here is the basic recipe for this white omelet for one person. Mix two egg whites with salt and pepper (possible to add spices and herbs). Pour the egg whites into an oiled frying pan without letting them cook too much to obtain a soft dish. Accompanied by vegetables, it is a treat.