Washing your ears may seem simple, but most of the time, bad habits lead to the formation of plugs, not without health consequences. Here are some practical tips and effective ecological alternatives for deep ear cleaning for clean and healthy ears!
Table of Contents
How To Clean Your Ears Thoroughly?
Several solutions can be put in place for deep cleaning of the ears. You can :
- Use soapy water: Put the water in your ear when you shower. Please pay attention to the water temperature (it should be 37°C) and the power of your shower jet so as not to damage your eardrum. Once the water has drained away, dry your ear by wiping the entrance to your ear canal with a towel.
- Use a cleaning spray that sends the right amount of liquid into the ear canal and helps the earwax to pass.
- Use an ear cleaner: this solution is effective, but some precautions should be taken into account if you use it every day: use it away from your children and your pet so as not to be jostled during use, and n Don’t go too deep into your ear canal to avoid damaging your skin and eardrum.
How To Remove Ear Wax Naturally?
The pear is to be used if you suffer from an earwax plug.
How To Wash Your Ears With A Pear?
To use it safely:
- Fill your pear with ear wash liquid,
- heat the liquid,
- Insert the tapered neck of the pear into your external auditory canal,
- Gently and gradually squeeze the pear,
- Remove the bulb without releasing the pressure and tilt your head so the excess enema liquid is evacuated from your ear canal.
Cleaning The Ears With Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is effective in removing excess earwax buildup.
To use it:
- Half-fill a glass with warm water,
- Then add hydrogen peroxide for the other half.
- Pour your mixture into a dropper, lay on your side,
- Pour a few drops of your mixture into your ear and wait 5 minutes to let it work.
- Turn to the other side so the liquid can drain from your ear.
Finally, rinse your ear with lukewarm water.
Natural Ear Cleaning With Olive Oil
If you have a clog, here’s another ear-cleaning solution. First, warm some olive oil over a pan of boiling water for a few seconds. Then, introduce a few drops of olive oil into your ear, let the liquid flow to the bottom of your ear canal, then plug your ear with a cotton ball. Repeat these same steps 3 to 4 days in a row. If your symptoms persist, it is important to see a doctor.
How To Clean Your Ears Without A Cotton Swab?
If you are looking for ecological solutions to clean your ears without a cotton swab, you can use:
An earpick: very easy to use. It collects excess earwax without the risk of blockages. It can be found in stainless steel or metal and is easily washed.
Oculi: this system is made of wood, often bamboo. Its end has a spatula that allows you to collect earwax. It can be cleaned with soapy water between each use. It should then be left to dry.
Candle Ear Cleaning
The candle: which ensures the well-being and hygiene of the ears.
Which product to clean the ears in zero waste mode?
- Various ecological alternatives have appeared on the market to replace plastic cotton swabs.
- Bamboo, wooden, compostable, and 100% biodegradable cotton swabs offer an ideal solution that is good for the environment.
Clean Your Ears: Grandmother’s Remedies
As you have seen, ear cleaning can be done with olive oil. But other oils can be used if you have a lot of earwax. This solution could be more practical and can be done every day: twice a month maximum is a good frequency.
Sweet Almond Or Jojoba Oil
You can use olive oil and sweet almond or jojoba oil to clean your ears with oil. Attention! Choose a fragrance-free, organic, and virgin oil. The oil should also be lukewarm or room temperature, but not hot. The warmth and lipid nature of the oil will soften and soften earwax.
For ear cleaning with oil, do one side at a time. With a dropper, pour a few drops of jojoba or sweet almond oil into your ear, keeping your head tilted to the side.
Place a cotton ball and massage a little at the entrance of the hole in your ear, always with your head tilted to the side. Lie on your side for 10 minutes, then gently straighten your head before removing the cotton ball. The softened wax will “empty,” and all you have to do is dry it out.
Repeat these same steps but on the other side this time.
Ear Cleaning At The ENT
If you feel any embarrassment or discomfort, don’t hesitate to make an appointment with your ENT to examine your ears.
Also Read: Earwax Plug, Causes, And Remedies