The proper diet makes you stronger, fitter, and happier. Studies show that the appropriate nutrients can even alleviate depression. The main focus is how your diet can help you lose weight. Sport and exercise alone are not enough for a defined body if you completely neglect your eating habits. It’s believed that about 70% of weight loss success comes from healthy eating, and the rest (30%) comes from exercise.
Table of Contents
Diet For Weight Loss: Basics
In theory, gaining weight and losing weight are simple effects: If you consume less energy than you use, you lose weight – and vice versa. Of course, many components complicate this calculation, e.g., B. metabolic diseases or stress. How much energy in the form of kilocalories you supply to your body depends on 3 factors: the basal metabolic rate, the work or performance turnover, and the so-called thermogenesis.
What Is The Basal Metabolic Rate?
The basal metabolic rate accounts for 50-60% of your energy needs and records how much your body uses in a day ( at room temperature) at complete rest – simply put, how many calories you burn without moving because your body needs the energy to keep you alive, even when it is at rest.
That depends on your weight, muscle mass, gender, age, genetic factors, and height. Younger people, significantly growing children, usually have a higher basal metabolic rate than older people. Men burn more than women due to their tendentially higher muscle mass. But exceptions prove the rule. Pregnant and breastfeeding women also consume more.
Lose Weight With A Healthy Diet: Nutrients
In theory, you can also lose weight with your diet if you only eat so much chocolate every day that you stay below your total turnover. So you could also achieve your desired weight with a pure chocolate diet – but you should get pretty hungry and probably soon feel deficiency symptoms. The motto for losing weight is not to eat less, but to eat the right things. Therefore, a nutritional plan that places great value on the following nutrients makes sense for healthy weight loss.
Diet Tips For Losing Weight
To improve your weight loss success even further, we have a few more insider tips for you:
- Include hot spices in your diet! Chili, cayenne pepper & co. Heat the heat and help burn more calories.
- Green tea in the morning stimulates the metabolism and helps with weight loss.
- Make a shopping list and stick to it – and most importantly, don’t go shopping when you’re hungry!
- Take your time eating. On average, it takes 20 minutes to feel complete. The slower you eat, the less you are likely to eat as well.
- Eat high-volume, low-calorie, and low-sugar foods, so you feel full. Salads, vegetables or homemade soups (without cream & Co.) are good to go with it.
- Make sure you get enough exercise in everyday life. This is how you increase your energy consumption.
- Don’t be too strict with yourself! Prohibitions are useless; they only make what is forbidden more appealing.
- Do not get discouraged. A change in diet does not happen ideally overnight. If you fall into unhealthy eating habits for a while, that’s no reason to throw your good nutrition plan overboard. Believe in your success and your desired weight!
Diet vs. Weight Loss Diet
Many people try to get rid of a few extra pounds or even excess weight quickly with crash diets à la pineapple or mono diet . Others swear by low fat and argue about which nutrient group (e.g., carbohydrates) makes you fatter. Resolution: none. It depends on the calorie balance or the calorie deficit. Doesn’t it all sound like healthy weight loss and indeed not happiness, does it?
The fact is, diets don’t work. And if so, then only for a short time, so that the yo-yo effect will soon strike again. Excluding meals entirely (unless there is a medical need) is impractical for the body and everyday life and cannot be sustained in the long run. Therefore, make sure to find a nutrition plan that you feel comfortable with and instead start slowly and increase your weight loss steadily. This makes it much easier for you to persevere, and you will be rewarded with long-term success.
Also Read: Why Losing Weight Too Quickly Isn’t Healthy