Oral health is essential in order to maintain a healthy, happy and normal life. In addition to aesthetic problems such as yellow teeth, there are many diseases that can appear in it and not prevent or treat them correctly, it can affect our immune system and our general well-being.
We are pleased to help you, take care of you and inform you of all those important aspects that, we believe, you should know.
Therefore, in this article, we are going to give you a series of tips so that you know exactly how to take care of the teeth of the whole family. From adults to children or babies.
Table of Contents
How To Care For Teeth
To know how to take care of your teeth in the best way, follow the following recommendations:
- Brush your teeth 3 times a day to help keep your mouth healthy for at least three minutes.
- Carry out a good brushing. Gently and without damaging the gums or enamel. Make short, circular motions back and forth. And, of course, brush your tongue too.
- Change your brush every 3 months so that the results are as expected.
- Use fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride prevents tooth decay and strengthens enamel.
- Use mouthwash. This way you will avoid the appearance of tartar and prevent cavities. Hold the rinse in your mouth for 30 seconds to kill bacteria and other microorganisms. Do not eat any food for the next 30 minutes.
- The floss is also a great ally. It leads to all the spaces that the toothbrush cannot.
- Eat lots of fruit. This helps increase defences and strengthen oral health. The jaw is exercised and the teeth are kept strong.
- No tobacco, no coffee, no alcohol, no tea or acidic foods. All this blackens the teeth, deteriorates them and corrodes them.
- Visit your dentist. And, of course, keep your check-ups with your trusted dentist. It is advisable to do it every six months, or at most annually.
Also Read: How To Keep Your Eyes Safe In The Summer Sun
How To Take Care Of Your Teeth To Avoid Cavities?
To know how to take care of teeth from cavities, it is necessary to put into practice all the advice that we have given in the previous point.
Dental cleaning is something that must be learned from an early age in order to assume it as a routine habit and grow with correct dental health.
Cavities are the most common ailments in all people, and they appear due to a bad cleaning habit that does not completely eliminate the remains of food. In this way, the bacteria and microorganisms that appear cause a deterioration in the teeth and molars that can lead to important complications if measures are not taken in time.
If necessary, the dentist will help you to remedy to prevent it from going to more. But to prevent them, it is best to carry out proper hygiene.
How To Take Care Of The Gums?
Gum care is essential to avoid oral problems since, in addition, they are a very important part of the dentofacial structure.
The gums cover the roots of the teeth, protecting them and helping them to remain firm and healthy. If they are not cared for properly, diseases such as gingivitis or periodontitis can appear in them, even causing the total loss of all teeth.
To do this, maintaining good hygiene following the above tips is essential. And, of course, follow the specific instructions that your dentist specifically recommends.
Tooth Care In Children
Knowing how to care for children’s teeth is completely necessary to ensure optimal growth and development of our little ones.
Poor oral hygiene in children can potentially cause serious problems such as poor nutrition, infections that can lead to dangerous, bad language development, development of facial and jaw, irregular bite and even low self – esteem. Therefore, it is necessary that they learn to brush their teeth correctly.
Games can be used at an early age to make it fun. Buying quality brushes with children’s motifs so that they attract more attention, kinds of toothpaste with surprising flavours, toiletry bags of their favourite characters … And, of course, sharing those moments of hygiene with their parents will help the little ones to understand that, that they are doing, it is something good and routine for all.
Everything must be done to instil in them the importance and necessity of good oral hygiene.
How To Care For A Baby’s Teeth
On the other hand, there is a very important point to take into account and that not everyone knows. And it’s how to take care of a baby’s teeth. There is a false myth that babies should not go to their first visit to the dentist until they have their first teeth. And this, of course, is completely wrong.
The sooner a baby goes to his first visit with the dentist, the better, since this way he will be able to detect any damage or malformation that the baby may have. Also, even if they don’t have teeth, their gums are very important. Because, as we have said, they protect the roots of future teeth that are about to grow.
For the correct oral hygiene of the baby, it is essential:
- Use a damp cloth to clean the child’s gums after each meal or milk drink.
- Do not give the baby juices, milk or sugary drinks at night, once he is already lying down.
- Change the damp cloth for a soft toothbrush when the first teeth start to appear
Therefore, it is so necessary to have dental insurance that covers all children’s visits to the dentist. Because its correct physical and mental development is as important as the oral one.
The mouth is, without a doubt, a very important part of our body. Its care and maintenance are essential and having a well-trusted specialist to help us keep it healthy and teach us how to take care of the teeth is the best option.