No carbon peroxide, just baking soda, bananas, and peppermint oil. A saving of money for each treatment
Teeth whitening (in English, it is called bleaching) is a type of aesthetic treatment that, in dental offices, is carried out through the application of a substance, carbon peroxide.
The teeth become very white and brilliant, the smile dazzling. Too bad that chemical bleaching costs between 400 and 800 euros for both arches, and in any case, it must be repeated with some frequency. A smile fee. And then it is worth trying some natural remedies, very simple and effective: from banana to baking soda, from peppermint oil to tree oil.
White Teeth With A Banana
A simple but very effective method to make your teeth shine, thanks to just a banana. Well used.
- Take a banana, wash it and peel it, trying to leave some pulp on the peel. Now rub the inside of the banana peel on your teeth. The pulp will remain on it.
- Let it work for about 10 minutes, and then brush your teeth normally. After about two weeks, your teeth will be whiter and plaque-free.
- At this point, you can brush your teeth with natural toothpaste because the banana shines but does not sanitize the oral cavity, which must always be kept clean to avoid infections and have an unpleasant breath.
Bright Teeth With Sodium Bicarbonate
Baking soda was used by the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans to whiten teeth. We can trust these ancient civilizations.
A generous pinch of baking soda
- Carefully cover your toothbrush with baking soda powder after just moistening it.
- Brush your teeth gently and rinse well, several times, until the salty taste of baking soda has completely disappeared. Do not repeat this operation more than once a week because the soft abrasive power of the bicarbonate can damage the delicate enamel of your teeth in the long run.
- Remember that baking soda, in particular, is very effective at removing coffee, tea, and nicotine stains.
How To Whiten Your Teeth With Essential Oils
Mouthwash, in general, is beneficial for the mouth. And it also has an essential function in helping teeth not to lose their brilliance. Teeth whitening mouthwash can also be done at home. And it will help you to overcome any bad breath problem.
- About a teaspoon of baking soda
- A few drops of peppermint essential oil or tea tree oil
- Put a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of cold water for a refreshing and disinfecting action.
- Drop a few drops of peppermint or tea tree essential oil into the glass, known as tea tree oil, a tree that has many disinfectant and healing properties.
- Mix this purifying mixture with a teaspoon and rinse for about three minutes.
- Spit and rinse with water and enjoy the feeling of freshness.
How Can I Whiten My Teeth At Home?
There are other natural remedies for whitening teeth at home. In particular:
- The lemon or orange peel. They have the same potential effectiveness as bananas, with two differences: lemon, due to its acidity, can damage the enamel if used too frequently; orange is contraindicated for those with particular sensitivity to the teeth.
- Walnut ash. In this case, the whitening action is due to the potassium hydroxide contained in the ash, which could cause a slight burning in the mouth.
- Apple cider vinegar and rock salt. They are other natural whiteners.
How To Protect White Teeth
White teeth must be protected. With due care, starting with regular oral hygiene. Furthermore:
- The teeth are brushed after every meal and not just in the morning and evening.
- Choose a soft-bristled toothbrush or an electric model.
- Don’t smoke
- Avoid excessive use of unnatural mouthwashes.
- Limit coffee, tea, and chocolate
Also Read: Brush Your Teeth Better