The exercises to tone your thighs, we know them at your fingertips: squats, lunges, leg raises. But to firm up the inside of your thighs to refine your legs and feel more comfortable, you often need to be enlightened. Let yourself be guided by this circuit targeted at the adductors. Be careful, and it will get hot!
Table of Contents
The position: standing, feet spread wider than shoulder width. Tops of the hands against the knees and toes pointing outward. The movement: bend your knees while pushing your buttocks towards the ground and slightly backward to preserve the back’s natural arch. The abs are contracted, and the head is aligned with the spine. Push on your heels to immediately come back up. To go further: during the descent, push the hands placed on the inside of the knees against the thighs.
How To Lose Inner Thigh Fat?
The arms, “bat wings,” the buoy of the belly, the saddlebags, and so many parts of the body where the fat lodges end up complexing the women. Another part of the anatomy where fat is stored: are the inner thighs. To see this famous “thigh gap” appear, which designates the space between your two thighs, the formula is simple: a balanced diet and regular exercise.
Also Read: Five Intense Exercises For A Flat Stomach
Why Do I Store At Thigh Level?
For the following reasons: heredity, there are, remember, genes that are associated with an increased risk of obesity; a diet too rich in fats and sugar, a sedentary lifestyle, and a lack of sleep which can disrupt the hormones of satiety and appetite, and lead to weight gain. Female hormones are also culprits for the appearance of fat in the inner thighs. They promote the distribution of fat in the lower part of the body (gynoid fat), while in men, excess fat will first be deposited in the upper part of the body.
What Muscles Make Up The Inner Thighs?
The muscles that make up the inner thighs are called the adductors. Several different adductor muscles work together to adduct (bring towards the center) the leg. The main adductor muscles are:
- The large adductor muscle is the largest and strongest of the adductors; it is located on the upper part of the inner thigh.
- The small adductor muscle is smaller than the large adductor; it is below it and a little more inside.
- The adductor medius muscle: located between the adductor major and minor, extends from the pubis to the lower part of the thigh bone.
Some muscles are considered accessory adductors, such as the pectineus and the external obturator muscle, which also contribute to the adduction of the leg.
What Exercises To Do At Home To Tone The Inner Thighs?
Side lunges and balance: Standing, feet wide apart. Place the body weight on the right leg, bent, pushing the buttocks backward. The left leg is almost stretched to the side. While exhaling, come back to balance on the left leg with the right leg crossed in front. The rhythm has 20 repetitions on each side, alternating. The advanced option Stands on tiptoe during the balance phase.
- Squats + leg lift: Standing, feet shoulder-width apart, toes slightly open. While inhaling, bend the knees until the thighs are parallel to the ground, the buttocks back. The body’s weight is in the heels, the bust is straight, and the knees do not exceed the tips of the feet. Breathing out, push on the heels to return to standing, then immediately move the right leg backward, the heel towards the ceiling, without arching the back, just by contracting the buttocks. The Alternate rhythm is right and left leg with 50 to 100 repetitions on each side. The advanced option: We hold this squat for 1 to 2 minutes, then continue with 20 to 30 jump squats.
- Heavy-light lunges: Standing, feet hip-width apart. Take the right foot to the back and descend vertically by bending the knees at a right angle. The body’s weight is on the heel of the left leg, and the left knee does not exceed the tip of the foot. Stay 1 to 2 minutes in the position, right knee very close to the ground. Give an impetus to jump straight legs and come down in a lunge without changing legs. The Rhythm Jump 20 times before switching sides. The beginner option is to Stay 30 seconds in a lunge without moving, then do 20 knee lifts with the back leg.
- The skater: Standing, feet spread wider than shoulder width. Place your body weight on the right foot, then bring the left leg behind the right. Bend the knees until the left knee is 2 cm from the ground. Push hard on the right heel while exhaling to get up and put the left heel on the floor. The rhythm has 20 repetitions on each side, alternating. The advanced option Get up by jumping as far as possible to the side.
Why Are Bodyweight Exercises Formidable To Have Firm And Shapely Thighs?
The only natural way to fight leg cellulite is to build muscle and eat better. Indeed, building muscle has two advantages: new blood vessels are created in the area, operating as a permanent natural drainage, and muscle cells demand energy even at rest, boosting metabolism and burning more calories effortlessly.
If large dumbbells have proven their effectiveness in toning leg muscles and eliminating cellulite, bodyweight exercises, without additional weight, are also very interesting. What is the most significant advantage of training without load? Freedom, of course! No accessories, no dumbbells, and in the case of the legs: not even a mat! You can practice anywhere if you bend your legs and hold the position while breathing well.
What Are The Benefits Of Bodyweight Training When You Want To Strengthen Your Thighs?
Training without weight also allows you to vary the exercises to infinity. And this is where the primary interest of this technique lies. Since the body is already accustomed to carrying its weight, it is less likely to hurt itself when added to impact or speed constraints. As a result, even beginners can go heavy-light, for example, a training technique that tones the muscles thoroughly without making them swell (see exercises).
It is the ideal fitness method for fragile ankles and knees that do not traumatize. You can also go for practices with slight twists of the knees or ankles; or even combinations of techniques such as bent and jump sequences, which will strengthen the bundles we are not used to soliciting.
Thus, of course, you tone your legs but also maintain your joints and posture without risk. If you are not a gym subscriber and just starting, it is a perfect way to start understanding muscle-strengthening movements. On the other hand, it is advisable to stick to the basic techniques, which consist in making the movements without speed and jumping and the time to master the position well.
Indoors, yoga, Pilates, and body sculpting are the preferred classes. For cast iron enthusiasts, bodyweight training is an exciting element to integrate into the annual training plan. After two months of strength training, then two more in strength endurance with dumbbells, we do two last months at body weight with jumps and speed variations. Ultra-fit silhouette guaranteed!
What Are The Best Bodyweight Training Techniques To Tone Your Thighs?
What Is Isometry?
It is a fact of remaining very long in the muscular contraction without moving, breathing deeply, and maintaining the position as long as possible. We are familiar with the exercise of the chair, the back against a wall, and the legs at 90°. But you can also stay in a squat, in a lunge, in balance on one leg, in a bridge…, for 1, 2, or 3 minutes! Challenge!
The benefit: isometry is an exciting technique for increasing muscle strength without bulking them up. Ideal for long-distance work by runners, skiers, skateboarders, cyclists, etc. But also for daily anti-cellulite action.
What Is Plyometrics?
It is a fact of playing on the stretching and then the very rapid contraction of the muscle. For example, jump squats, jump lunges… Once you have mastered the basic squat movements, for example, you add hops: you descend gently in a squat with your glutes well pushed backward. Then while blowing, we go up, and we jump very quickly by contracting the buttocks and the thighs strongly.
We land on the front of the foot and go back into a squat. We chain 15, 20, and 30 jumps if possible! The advantage: plyometrics develops powerful and delicate muscles. This is particularly noticeable in volleyball players or high jumpers.
Heavy Light Is The Method To Develop Your Muscular Power!
This is a technique used to develop very toned and potent muscles without making them swell. In practice, we stay in isometrics for 1 to 2 minutes on a movement. After a 30-second break, we perform this same movement with jumps: we move on to plyometrics over 20 to 30 repetitions. The interest: be careful; it stings and cardio, but the results are exceptional, both aesthetically and in terms of power gain.
Also Read: 6 Exercises To Lose Belly Fat