1. A healthy and balanced diet is worth more than any diet: a variety of foods and in the right amounts are the basis.
2. Grain products such as (wholemeal) bread, pasta, rice and potatoes form the basis of a balanced diet. However, avoid consuming foods with too refined flour … which practically only provide sugars.
3. Fruits and vegetables should also be part of your daily diet, whether you are on a diet or not.
4. Make sure you eat a diet that is not too high in fat. Among the fats, prefer those with a high level of unsaturated acids, such as certain vegetable fats (olives, rapeseed …).
5. Meat, fish and cold cuts , eggs and milk contain valuable nutrients. For example calcium in milk or iodine, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids in marine fish . The National Cancer Institute recommends not to exceed 500 g of red meat per week.
6. Sugar and salt (6 g maximum / day) should also be consumed in moderation. Prefer herbs and spices to season your dishes!
7. Sufficient hydration is part of a healthy diet: drink at least 1.5 litres per day, ideally water or sugar-free infusions and herbal teas.
8. Do not neglect the preparation method: prefer (if possible) steaming and use little fat.
9. No stress: take your time to eat and savour! Eating more consciously, enjoying every bite… it’s part of good eating habits, and it’s more effective than any diet!
10. Who says a balanced diet says physical activity: Ideally, you should play sports or exercise for 30 minutes, three times a week.